If you think your child is having a seizure due to fever, try to stay calm and: Gently place your child on the floor or the ground. Remove any nearby objects. Place your child on his or her side to prevent choking.
What should I do if my child has a temperature convulsion?
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Gently place your child on the floor or the ground.
- Remove any nearby objects.
- Place your child on his or her side to prevent choking.
- Loosen any clothing around the head and neck.
- Watch for signs of breathing problems, including bluish color in the face.
How do you respond to a high fever convulsion?
Try to stay calm and don’t panic. Make sure your child is safe by placing them on the floor. Remove any object that they could knock themselves against. Don’t force anything into your child’s mouth.
What is the treatment for convulsion?
Doctors often recommend psychological therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, to help treat non-epileptic seizures. These treatments help a person manage the underlying stress causing the seizures.
What action should the child care worker take when a child suffers a febrile convulsion?
Gradually place the child on a protected surface such as the floor or ground to prevent accidental injury. Do not restrain or hold a child during a convulsion. Position the child on his or her side or stomach to prevent choking. When possible, gently remove any objects from the child’s mouth.
What are 2 things not to do when a child has a febrile convulsion?
Nothing can be done to prevent a febrile seizure from occurring. During a seizure, remain calm and try not to panic. Do not put your child in a bath, restrain them, or put anything in their mouth. Febrile seizures are not harmful to your child, and will not cause brain damage.
How do you break a fever?
Best Ways to Break a Fever
- 1 Give it some time and rest. Remember, fever itself is not an illness; it’s a symptom of one. …
- 2 Drink plenty of water. When your body is hot, it naturally sweats to cool you down. …
- 3 Stay comfortably cool. …
- 4 Take a fever reducer medicine to break a fever.
How do you prevent fever convulsions?
Febrile seizures cannot be prevented by giving the child lukewarm baths, applying cool cloths to the child’s head or body, or using fever-reducing medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin).